In a future near you...

Re: Re:

WWC":3okz4szf said:
I genuinely think the most recent round of yeti's has decent swoop to the frame that is the closest thing I've seen to classic in a while.

I do actually want one...

Yeah, i really want one of the new Yeti's too! (an Sb5c) :cool:

Re:

Rarity has to play a big part too doesn’t it?

I know there are exceptions:

· Some folk have very strong love for more common brands for personal reasons
· A tastefully built, period correct and mostly NOS build will always score high
· Etc

Looking at market values alone it’s rarity that drives value.

Something like:

number of parts in existence X original expense X current frequency of availability X profile when launched = desirability now

Take a Tioga Disk Drive:

Very few built (even less survive) X very high cost when new X not often for sale X John Tomac/Yeti = very desirable

That said a good clean Stumpy is more ‘Classic’ maybe?

So classic and desirable can be split? If so an ‘equation’ for classic might harder?

Re:

What about owning newer versions of bikes we wanted when we were young? As well as my retro stuff I am the proud owner of a 2012 FOES,which I consider to be a future classic!
Kes

Re:

I've got a 2007 Clockwork that I consider to be a reimagining of a classic, that has become a classic in its own right...

On a side note, I sometimes see 2007 bikes on ebay with retro in the title!

Rode one of these. Devastatingly effective on the tight, rocky trails here. If I didn't have so many other things on the go I'd buy one in a heartbeat......in flat orange w. black graphics.

MLandry_OpusNelsen-131107-01111.jpg

Re:

Practically anything from the past is collectable ...to the right person. Does that make it classic ... Not really
Who'd have thought a 1970s Morris marina would one day Be considered a classic car ... It's a bit daft isn't it? ... but it is !
As ridiculous as it might sound today, A mint condition Apollo mtb will probably be collectable in 40 years time :shock: :LOL:

A future classic... Yesterday :LOL:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 218
If you were into BMX in the early days you'll know Raleigh burners were never considered as serious BMX bikes... Just look at how collectable they are now :LOL:

TonyMerryfield":12u1y0ov said:
I do not want a future where people cherish Apollo's.

I'm banning that.

Suicide pact? I'm in if that happens. Already know one RBer with a godawful Emmelle monstrosity, not to mention the Lizards and worst of all Activators... :x :x :x :facepalm:

There is a lot of faffing and swapping standards at the moment, which I hope will settle down soon. Whoever comes out of that with the first reasonably well accepted standards will be onto a winner I think. Boost, Stealth dropper, 27+???

Ibis Mojo I think will be (is already?) a classic design, the first Trek APB and Giant Trance designs are likely to be fondly remembered too.

Moonlanders and Salsa Beargreaseseses?

Fisher X-Calibre plastic 29er?

Back