Impulse buy - Specialized Epic Marathon 2011

Lacuna

Retro Guru
The local second hand bike shop put up a facebook post today advertising a Whyte PRST Works Special and a Specialized Epic for £200 each. Suffice to say I was in the car before finishing my cup of tea. Sadly missed the Whyte by about 5 minutes but got the Spesh. The forks had no air in them and the rear brake needs bleeding but everything else works perfectly. Its even pretty clean. Kinda feels like I stole it...

It's all standard spec apart from the Hope stem , reverb dropper and Easton pedals

Last edited:
Nice, carbon model at that.
2013 iirc.

Shame they've crashed so hard, they was going for £750+ during lockdown

£200 though what a steal and same for the lucky bugger who got that Whyte

I purchased this, been after one for a while, but never on my doorstep, so couldn't resist. Will be stripping it down for a light refurb, and then hopefully a trip to the Malverns in August

I think we both got bargains. The advert said they needed work but pumping up the forks and bleeding the rear brake didn't take much effort! Hope you have a similarly easy time with the Whyte

Just about to start stripping the whyte down, does anybody know if Paul Plunkett discs were for sale, or are these one offs just for him? 20230302_144228.jpg

Hope used to offer custom discs like that to anyone for an extra charge. I think they stopped doing that along with the lightning rotors as they kept cracking

Back