I'm a sick, sick man: Trek 7000 1990 - ish

This would go well with your yellow tyrers & kit. A real banana bike :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:

i love it.if ya stick green tyres on it you could flog it norwich city and make a fortune......national colours round here ...green and yellow....r u aroit .....boy......

ect. :oops:

legrandefromage":3jjpw7t7 said:
now be nice - this is an Easton very nicely put together frame, no glue. Just a couple of bolts for the rear cable stop/ bridge

Easton tubes, yes. Still bonded. Frame is constructed of aluminum investment cast lugs that internally sleave to the Easton tubes, and are glued in place. The lugged carbon tubed frames (pre-OCLV stuff) like the 8500 from the same era use the same frame construction process only with the carbon tubes instead of Easton aluminum tubes. Trek used the process for many many mountain and road bikes back in the late 80's and early 90's. I used to have a Trek 1500 road bike, made the same way. Pretty to look at, but not so nice to ride. :cry:

So yeah, you have lots of glue there. :shock: :D Don't get me wrong, it's a neat old frame, but there are shortcomings that come with that old girl. ;)

Attachments

• IM002880.JPG
    IM002880.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,558
  • IM002882.JPG
    IM002882.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,558
  • IM002885.JPG
    IM002885.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,558
utahdog2003":2ugqxemc said:
legrandefromage":2ugqxemc said:
now be nice - this is an Easton very nicely put together frame, no glue. Just a couple of bolts for the rear cable stop/ bridge

Easton tubes, yes. Still bonded. Frame is constructed of aluminum investment cast lugs that internally sleave to the Easton tubes, and are glued in place. The lugged carbon tubed frames (pre-OCLV stuff) like the 8500 from the same era use the same frame construction process only with the carbon tubes instead of Easton aluminum tubes. Trek used the process for many many mountain and road bikes back in the late 80's and early 90's. I used to have a Trek 1500 road bike, made the same way. Pretty to look at, but not so nice to ride. :cry:

So yeah, you have lots of glue there. :shock: :D Don't get me wrong, it's a neat old frame, but there are shortcomings that come with that old girl. ;)

I just put it down to jealousy - plain and simple.

;)

legrandefromage":1ohrlqj4 said:
I just put it down to jealousy - plain and simple.
;)

Of that sweet Zaskar of yours maybe... :LOL: :LOL: :cool:

Of the Trek, tho?.... I'm...

Attachments

• IMG_3501small.JPG
    IMG_3501small.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,537
Back