Idiotic questions

You ain't even started on the confusion yet... :p
Modern Post mount standards come in 5" PM, 6"PM , 7" PM, and maybe even 8"PM. Ignore them!.
The usual one from way back when is 6" PM, otherwise known as 9:74.
It is easy to fit post mount calipers to IS frame or forks, but not so easy to fit IS calipers to post mount forks. The adapters aren't so common, and it means going up one disc size at least . Adapters to fit PM calipers to IS frame or forks are available for the same size disc or larger.
Any clearer? :LOL:

There's more...

The majority of calipers are spaced at 51mm between the holes unless you did mean by rotor size with is detailed above.

What is that anvil thing?
The PM you have linked is a very good idea. I suppose it can still crush but if your doing that you should probably step away anyway.

Cyfa:
The PM you have linked is a very good idea.
I can't remember where I lifted the picture from now but it is a neat and tidy solution. :D
What is that anvil thing?
It's from Anvil Bikes in the States. They do some great framebuilders' tools.
Some people seem to think that they're a bit 'bling' and not 'utility' enough, but I've got a few, and they make me smile each time I use them.

The 'Feng Shui' locates the ISO tabs for framebuilders...a dummy axle goes in the dropouts, and the top two fittings locate in the holes.
Here's a pic from the other side:
Screenshot2012-07-05at111825.png

There's a 'Phrunt Shui' for forks, too.

Just looking through Anvil's Flickr stream and found this: :D
Screenshot2012-07-05at111907.png

The 'Post Punk' does the job, front and rear.
I'd be able to reverse engineer the mount from the positions this gives :D
$200 + shipping though :( but it is lovely ...mmm

All the best,

got very confused then realised what they are for!

Sooooooo your a framebuilder? I see now.
I like them too.

Back