Iconic bikes in the pro peleton

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Obviously there are loads but, perhaps controversially, I'll go with the Mapei flavoured C40 that dominated paris-Roubaix in the mid to late 90s (five wins in nine years!).

There are obviously others, loads of others, but why should I steal all the fun.....

Attachments

• mapei96-tmb.jpg
    mapei96-tmb.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 886
  • 1995-824x549.jpg
    1995-824x549.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 886
Re:

As you say, so many to choose from.

Buckler, Ariostea and Wordperfect Masters and Lampre C40 Colnagos. Early '90s Nivacrom Bianchis ridden by various teams. And the Chateau d'Ax Moser bikes

Personal favourite 'out there' bike though is this,

http://velosvintage.over-blog.com/artic ... 16975.html

Don't recognize those shifters though, any ideas ?

Mike

Re:

Easy Trek OCLV 7 times tour winner :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 853
Re:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So nice , I got mine painted

Mike

Attachments

• Trek road bike.jpg
    Trek road bike.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 847
I've always thought the treks from that era were some of the most fugly bikes around, but Mike just proved me wrong! that looks loads better than the original!

Re:

Thanks mate, it was originally Discovery colours with a 5 TIMES TOUR DE FRANCE WINNER sticker on it.
So had to be done, naturally

Those Banesto Pinarellos/Razesa? were lovely, understated bikes. And with the last clean ( we hope) multiple champion on one too.

Mike

You could just have changed the 5 to a 6, then a 7, then a 0.... :LOL:

I've always been undecided between the banesto pinarellos and the motorola merckx bikes myself!

foz":8prddrvr said:
You could just have changed the 5 to a 6, then a 7, then a 0.... :LOL:

I've always been undecided between the banesto pinarellos and the motorola merckx bikes myself!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I can understand that, I like the Pinarello, but Campag really doesn't float my boat.

BTW, still looking for that D/A 36h hub :roll:

Mike

Back