Ibis Ti Mojo 1x9

very nice :cool:
the brakes deserves their avid ultimate levers ;)

what is the thumbshifter on the paul mount ? ( a downtube dura ace lever ?)

bduc61":30ewcpqc said:
very nice :cool:
the brakes deserves their avid ultimate levers ;)

what is the thumbshifter on the paul mount ? ( a downtube dura ace lever ?)

You're right- the Avids do deserve their matching levers, which I have, but the XTR 950s were strung up as I love their feel and they match the Ti bar! Compromise. Favorite would be total switch to a Paul lever/ brake combo in black.

The shifter is made by 'Rivendell' - do a search - they make wonderful retro-style barcon/ thumb shifters from old Suntour tooling. Also, these are friction (not indexed), so no clicks between shifts. They work very well and I never knew clicks don't matter...

;) Kurt

K U R T":2n6j3c68 said:
cbb":2n6j3c68 said:
nice bike, like titanium too
it would need Ti seatpost and rear green wildgripper :)

I'm open to the Ti post, but aesthetics are the question: Many Ti posts come polished and, in my opinion, clash with the 'n*ked' finish of the Ibis. Also, this post is 28.6 mm, which is a tough find. I know Syncros and Moots made posts this size...the Moots finish matches better...but I'm not in love with their design.

For now the black Thomson brings a nice contrast, but we'll see what comes down the pike! I'll admit also of sensitivity to being named a "Posseur" or "That Guy", with Ti sprinkled at all 22 corners of the bike. One must be careful. Or am I too vain?

Most likely longterm solution: I understand Steve Potts is now making some Ti posts--it would look right, be top quality and most fitting to the pedigree, provided he'd do a 28.6......

I was thinking about Moots as well :) Syncros is nice (I have one), but not sure whether available in your diameter and yes, it`s polished.
Anyhow, stay original, don`t hear us! You`re not vain.

Another ti mojo? Seems like they're coming outta the woodwork.

Looks like my frame, a '98 with no handjob. I gotta get off my bum and get it built.

K U R T":k8vl8qps said:
al":k8vl8qps said:
Lovely looking bike. :cool:

Is Santa bringing a TI seatpin for you this year?

al. ;)

I believe Santa is open to the Ti seatpin suggestion. Please send a link to an appropriate example!

And I'll be on the lookout for another foam green Wildgripper...

A Moots would look cool as they aren't polished.

I'm not doing all the work for you,what do you think it is,Christmas!! ;)

al.

i'm a big fan of this littel simple chain device:
R1051356.jpg

plexus%252520003.jpg

it works perfect on my 1X9 builds, and is so simple that it can't fail

http://www.gvtc.com/~ngear/whatis.html

Back