Ibis Mojo 1999 - NOS ... up dated 07.03.14

So things have moved on a little ... ;-)

I've now fitted the seatpost, stem (I'm thinking maybe it needs a slightly longer stem?), bars and rear brake.

Pleased with the bars ... I was looking for flat bars but when I found these USE atoms in pretty much mint nick and I couldn't resist ... I love the fact the atom logo is exactly the same colour as the mojo frame.

I've also had a change of direction on the chainset, I was originally intending to fit a xtr952 ... but continuing the theme of black components I came across a NOS forged turbine Raceface chainset which, I reckon will look great.

Struggling to decide on skewers ... any thoughts?

Lastly, I picked up some ibis grips ... not strictly retro but they will look great in the cockpit.

DSCF8173.jpg

DSCF8180.jpg

DSCF8176.jpg

DSCF8179.jpg

DSCF8177.jpg

DSCF8182.jpg

DSCF8183.jpg

Cranks and Vs kinda match :LOL:

Definitely wouldn't go any longer on the stem - I find 90, maybe 100mm at a push, to be plenty even with well swept bars and a 413mm a-c rigid fork.

Re:

Hey, what diameter seatpost are you using on this frame? I have a steel Mojo frame from the same era--I believe it's a 1997 but might be 98 or 99. Based on internet forums, I thought it should take 28.6 mm, but I've tried two different posts of that diameter and they both rattle around. So I think 29.0 or 29.4 maybe?

Back