Ibis Mojo 1999 - NOS ... up dated 07.03.14

Re: Ibis Mojo 1999 - NOS

helix_torques":2gn35p80 said:
Otherself - lol ... Just showed my Mrs that post ... She just rolled her eyes and walked away ... She just doesn't get it ;-)
Not that you know of...

ti_pin_man":10ciiivm said:
I'm fortunate to have a ti version and always fancied a shot on a steel version, bet its lovely to ride, the ti one certainly is. nice colour.

In a twist on that, I've had (and loved) an Alibi (identical but ally) from new in Nov '97 ... and now I'm waiting on a steel Mojo - very excited to try them back to back! :cool:

Ti will have to wait a while longer but maybe one day...

Ok ... so, I think I've got some build plans to be getting on with ...

I'm thinking black componentry ... the frame is a gorgeous colour but I think it will clash with bright colours .

So far ...

king / mavic / panaracer (smoke) wheels
DT Swiss XRC100 ltd edition forks
King headset

I've also a set of avid speed dial ultimate brakes + levels that I think will look pretty stealthy.

On route
- Thomson post
- Thomson elite stem
- XTR 952 crankset

On the look out for

- XTR 952 skewers
- XTR 952 front + rear mechs
- XTR 952 shifter pods

and I'll need to have a think about bars (25.4) and a saddle

Photos of progress below ...

I'm not a 100% on the forks ... maybe a little too modern for the frame (200:cool:? I remember seeing them at the London Bike Show on a limited edition Scott Genius and thinking that the gold and black colour way looked really cool ... when I saw this set (hardly used) come up on the bay a few months back I thought they's look great on the ibis and really compliment the colour.

Hope you guys like it so far ... comments welcome

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

Re: Ibis Mojo 1999 - NOS ... up dated 21.02.14

moron tubing....
more on the ends...
brilliant, they like their weird acronyms the lads at ibis don't they?!
i ride a tranny...... :facepalm:

loving the build, shame the fork legs are not ti nitride, that would really set it off, looks a little heavy with the black stanchions, but just my opinion! wheels and tyres are bang-on! watching with interest! :D

Do you have canti mounts for those forks?

Agree they look the business, but I'd be worried that they're a touch long (but I'm assuming that the geometry hasn't been altered from previous years, that could be wrong!). Going with 80mm SIDs on mine.

I'll say it again though; really looking the business :cool:

elpedro666 - The forks have holes for brake bosses ... I just need to get the bosses ... I know what you mean with the geometry, I didn't think the front looked too high with the 100mm forks, and looking online there seems to be plenty of examples of people running 100mm but I think 80mm might sit better ... I might drop pace a line to see if the travel can be reduced with a spacer swop out.

Last time I checked there were ti bosses on eBay for under a tenner :)

Never hurts to try these things - I briefly had a 120mm Maverick SC on the Alibi - most of the time it was brilliant but even dropped to 90mm I struggled to get weight forward for really steep climbs. Fun experiment at least!

What put me off 100mm for the Mojo was was that I'd then be needing a 70-80mm stem to keep it handling sharp, and an in line post to keep over the peddles (short thighs!) and I didn't want to lose that inch or so of reach. Especially as I'm going for quite a racy build. Also I wanted to move it away slightly from overlapping with my modern steel hardtail - rules of our tiny flat dictate no overlapping allowed! :LOL:

Aaaaaand quite enough jabber from me, back to your build!

Except to say, Tim/justbackdated on here is the main man for anything Pace, and a very nice man he is too :D

Back