IBIS Avion 1988

Re:

I bought from a guy who owned a bike shop here in the UK many, many moons ago.

It was his personal bike so that was mostly just displayed in his shop.
I am the 2nd owner so as to speak.

At the time and the best my memory serves me (sales pitch or not) he told me only a few had made it into the UK??

I have had it at least 28 years I think but it is older than that.

It's been sat in my garage as sadly I never got on riding a bike due to an elbow injury.
I changed the neck with adjustable rake to try to help but it never really worked.
I still have the original.
The saddle got changed but I am not sure if I still have the original.

Basically the tyres were changed as they were perished but I believe it's even on its original brake blocks :)

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 609
You could try swept back handlebars otherwise I'm sure you'd get a good price on ebay.

CTK":g44v3h4o said:
You could try swept back handlebars otherwise I'm sure you'd get a good price on ebay.

It needs much better photos if he plans to sell it. It would better be without plastic reflectors, w/ original stem, a raised seatpost.... just bring sit back to life. The Avion was a made in japan production Ibis and usually not disputed by collectors but it´s a great bike.

CTK":8p6en2cd said:

Thanks for the comment, it's not reach it is vibration that affects the joint due to excessive play.

Prodigal Son":b1bygrus said:
It needs much better photos if he plans to sell it. It would better be without plastic reflectors, w/ original stem, a raised seatpost.... just bring sit back to life. The Avion was a made in japan production Ibis and usually not disputed by collectors but it´s a great bike.

The photos were not meant to be sales standard, just thought I would post them up.

The frame was produced in Japan, shipped to USA where the alignment would've got checked and the bike built from there.

It'll be worth what someone will pay I guess "if" I decide to sell it but that's not a huge concern to me :)

I don't know anything about your injury so forgive me for speculating with zero knowledge! BUT...

With swept back bars and your hands in a more natural position (ie thumbs facing forward rather than inward like on a dutch shopping bike) you might be more comfortable. There will be less weight on your hands you could almost ride one handed.

Latest posts

Back