I want to kill my dog.

Not sure if the big man would agree with you.

d694c2e277c0525c11c67ad5ac6a22d9_zps47c088fe.jpg

Re: Re:

The History Man":3sulmb63 said:
She's not moved from my side all evening. Lying against me sleeping. The dog that is.
I once had a cat that went missing for weeks - I think it was something like between 6 or 8.

She had a tag on her collar, and I'd put notes up. She wasn't chipped, not sure how prevalent that would be in the early 90s. I think I'd put an ad in the paper too.

Nothing.

It had been that many weeks, I'd given up all hope.

Then one Friday night, about 10:30pm, I got phone call asking me if I had a cat. Apparently, she'd followed this little old lady up her path, and was miaowing. She took her in, and saw the tag which had my phone number on, and rang me.

I went to pick her up, right then. She looked in good health (was already neutered, so not pregnant), no fleas, perhaps a little lighter, but not skin and bones, so had obviously been able to feed. The house she was found at was maybe about half a mile away, but across a main road - way too far for her to normally roam.

When I brought her home, she didn't leave my side that night (slept on my pillow) which wasn't a normal thing, but I let her off after being away for so long.

Re:

Watch them borders don't run to ground Historyman, you can get lulled into a false sense of security with a border in sight mooching around some cover 30 yrds away..only for the dog to slip down an earth and be 30 ft down and 30ft behind ya...whilst you're shouting in a not too hurried manner on account of the dog being last spied a minute ago just over there. I never have mine off a training lead till i know the ground well. Sometimes even a dog that's previously shown no inclination to work will hit a scent that sends it kinky and that's that for 5 hrs...if you're lucky

Re:

got one as mad as a hatter :D but sits up watching the back yard half the night
better than any alarm, but my fave dog is staffys great breed
esp if crossed with a jack russel

This is actually my favourite type of dog. If i was ever to get one it would be this breed.
You see a lot of them in Scotland and nearly all the ones ive seen were rather scraggy looking :LOL:

Back