I found Aladdin's Cave

Keep the wish list rolling in people!!
I can't promise anything, but if I can recall a bike I've seen, or I see one when I go to help out then I'll get some pics sorted and a bit more info on condition etc Best not to pm me, just stick your requests down here and then I've got something of an ordered list!
No Alpinestars that I can recall, but like I said, there's tons of bikes so I may have missed one, and I still haven't seen the other two barns!!!

firestaffman":1in2ifs9 said:
Keep the wish list rolling in people!!
I can't promise anything, but if I can recall a bike I've seen, or I see one when I go to help out then I'll get some pics sorted and a bit more info on condition etc Best not to pm me, just stick your requests down here and then I've got something of an ordered list!
No Alpinestars that I can recall, but like I said, there's tons of bikes so I may have missed one, and I still haven't seen the other two barns!!!

Any old Orange for me, matey.... :LOL:

Consider it dibbed!!

i spy the 29er[?] (black frame/rear wheel sticking out - white tyre) looks like a racer type bike....dibs pending more info please if possible :)

parts

would love a pair of xt thumbies,and a pair of xt wheels if anything suitable.i dont mind giving a contribution towards the charity :D

Am I the only one with some concerns about this thread. If the bikes were given in good faith and the donors thought they were giving to charity then surely the administrators have a responsibility to get the best prices for them.

What charity(s) does the money go to? How is this scheme audited?

Who decides what is a fair price?

Why should retrobikers get first choice of the best bikes? Shouldn't they go on ebay or gumtree or local auctions to ensure that the charity gets the best income? That way retrobikers have their chance just like everyone else and the charity gets the best price.

Firestaffman deserves the perks for the effort he's put in, but I'm a bit uneasy about this possibly being seen as RetroBIKE taking advantage of donors' generosity.

Ycawsfach":1c6jq87o said:
Am I the only one with some concerns about this thread. If the bikes were given in good faith and the donors thought they were giving to charity then surely the administrators have a responsibility to get the best prices for them.

What charity(s) does the money go to? How is this scheme audited?

Who decides what is a fair price?

Why should retrobikers get first choice of the best bikes? Shouldn't they go on ebay or gumtree or local auctions to ensure that the charity gets the best income? That way retrobikers have their chance just like everyone else and the charity gets the best price.

Firestaffman deserves the perks for the effort he's put in, but I'm a bit uneasy about this possibly being seen as RetroBIKE taking advantage of donors' generosity.

Completely agree, but I was thinking that they would be sold at market value and not mates rates?

Back