I don't like Kona's - 92 Hei Hei - Fork Colour page4

nevadasmith":2g098ejc said:
Steve - that nice - its the ti kona I'd have

Look forward to the build ;D

Cheers fella,

Like I say, it's the only Kona I'd really hanker after, and if it were a 91 it'd fit into the (ti) collection perfectly... :cool:

andrewl":2tilsr0c said:
I'm leaning towards a 92 or early 93 frame.
There is some conjecture as to whether the last three digits are the number produced in that size or in total. As I'm yet to see any two Hei Hei frames with the same last three digits I'm leaning towards it being the 374 Hei Hei produced in total (especially as I seriously doubt that 374+ 20" Hei Heis were produced before the bullet dropouts were introduced.
If you work on a production of 100-150 Hei Hei frames per year (my estimate only) then 374 would have it in the 93 region or at least MY93 so maybe call it MY93 and be rubbery on when it actually came out of the factory.
It's a nice frame anyway :D
I agree that this serial number doesn't appear to be in the format 374th size 20, so TST must have used a different system at that time. You might guess that the 3 means 93 and this was the 74th Hei Hei made in 1993, but then Dave's other frame was B19667, which was a 1993 size 19. I suppose it is possible that B20374 was the 374th frame TST had made for any manufacturer?

Anyway, this is a 1993 frame, as it has the 1993 geometry, including a 15cm head tube and a 20" seat tube. But as has been said it must be from early in the 93 model year, as the later ones like B19667 had bullet-ended stays.

Back