I don't know...

You and the other guy were toodling along at a leisurely 30km/h ( :shock: ), and you moved to overtake after drafting. Some folk can get arsey over drafting (unless you return the favour), and 30km/h is a fair rate which would require some effort to maintain. So perhaps the guy felt a bit aggrieved that you were letting him do the work up front and then went to overtake once you'd had a slight breather (denting pride and adding insult to injury)?

Whatever the reason, to give you double barrels because of it just disgusting, and shows the guy was a bit of a 'see you next Tuesday'. :roll:

Funny this thread should pop up, i was out in the howardian hills yesterday and had a chap stuck to my rear wheel. He said nowt, even when a gave him a cheery hello. He stayed there for a bit and it started to piss me off. I began to slow down, still wouldn't pass. Sped up a bit- he stuck with me. In the end i slowed to 7mph and he blasted past shaking his head!!! He said not a word. clearly wanted me to facilitate his 'training' or 'Strava', or whatever.

If he'd have said something or been social, no probs. If he was in trouble or struggling, again, no worries. He was neither of these things. If you announce your presence and explain your blowing a bit i'm sure most reasonable riders don't mind helping you out.

I think there are a lot of 'new roadies' out there at the moment who have a skewed view of how to behave with other road users (not pointing at you op)
I blame wiggo ;-)

Thanks for comments guys! Now I know... Not that it should matter, but I was on 1993 MTB and I had,at time I approached him slightly better pace, but I slowed down little bit, to not to give him reason to be angry. Or so I have thought.
I was surprised by his reaction, hence mine posting here. Lesson learned, should probably greet him and ask him.

Experienced cyclists carry a small collection of gifts to exchange on such occasions. (Mostly either small pins or fireworks.)

Back