I’m in deep, but what is it...

I'm doing only the older ones, all Marzocchi from the beginning until (before) the Bombers - approx. 1989 - 1997

MX100 and XC500 are candidates, if you seriously want a purple fork.

kraeMit":bifnfx22 said:
I'm doing only the older ones, all Marzocchi from the beginning until (before) the Bombers - approx. 1989 - 1997

MX100 and XC500 are candidates, if you seriously want a purple fork.

It don’t need to be purple, I want to ride it, but I can look for one later.
But bombers are still between good to fair?

It’s a good price for low end kit - but don’t get to excited about the quality it’s very much reflected in the price.

Retro Spud":1ojh6wnr said:
It’s a good price for low end kit - but don’t get to excited about the quality it’s very much reflected in the price.

I know it ain’t gonna be a 32 fox triple goat fork, but will it be almost junk or will it be 1990 all over again?

And regarding price, everything regarding 26” is dirt cheap and everything 29 is made of gold! At least in Denmark

I found a set of 26” Shimano DEORE wheels, with descent tires and looking very good; 20€.
29” are 200€ and up.

Re:

Hi if still looking on size for headset I'm running a 1 1/8. Replying to earlier post. Refurbished the hydraulic brake lever for mine today. Try stay close to period as possible that's how I'm going with mine I've got new parts I could fit just not them same look. It's definitely not a 1 1/4 as I'm doing a sintesi fs which is 1 1/4 and a complete nightmare. Good luck with yours

Yeah, I just received my misc parts.
It was a mint set of; 26” wheels, Shimano V-brakes (front and back), stem, handlebars with controls, Shimano Acera dederailes, Acera pedals, and a Suntour M7700 fork with 1-1/8 steerer.
All mint and most are marked Giant.

What Giant ran them, back in the day?

Back