Huntsman bargain on Planet X

Looks like a nice frame. As far as I know DN6 chromo is a Taiwanese Reynolds 520 which technically is an Asian version of Reynolds 525.
525 on the other hand is Cold worked AISI-4130 CrMoly. It's triple-butted which is nice.

Looks like a nice frame. As far as I know DN6 chromo is a Taiwanese Reynolds 520 which technically is an Asian version of Reynolds 525.
525 on the other hand is Cold worked AISI-4130 CrMoly. It's triple-butted which is nice.
I thought DN6 was their post code, back when the were doing the Pompino. You're right, 525 and 520 are the same, one is far eastern. Awesome value bike. I cant have another, there coming out of my ears.

Certainly is a good price but I had a Whippet with virtually the same build and most of the parts that come with it were terrible, including the woeful Sram SX gears. Still, it's a cheap bike for sure.

After a couple of cocktails last night, I ended up ordering one of these. At this point in my life, I have to assume this is more bike than I will need moving forward. I have come to the realization that I can no longer justify owning my 2 bikes when this entry level one will serve the purpose of the boutiques I have now. I'm old...I'm fat...I'm out of work! lol

After a couple of cocktails last night, I ended up ordering one of these. At this point in my life, I have to assume this is more bike than I will need moving forward. I have come to the realization that I can no longer justify owning my 2 bikes when this entry level one will serve the purpose of the boutiques I have now. I'm old...I'm fat...I'm out of work! lol
I'd love to think I could have just one. I break out in a sweat thinking about selling any of my bikes though.

Latest posts

Back