HT Frame 16"-18" Mid 90's or Anything SORTED

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking at doing a full refurb over the next few months. It's dark, it's raining and it's getting colder. A nice project will mean I can spend some hours 'pottering' around the garage and escape from family bliss for a few hours

Here's what I'm looking for, open to anything really BUT must be

Medium sized 16"-18"
Steel or Aluminium (631 tubing would be nice, 853 would be perfect)
No oversized tubing
1 1/8" Headtube
Cantilever specific preferred (not essential)

Would ideally love a GT Bravado or Richter but would consider Kona, Orange or anything mid range really :)

Condition is not really that important as long as there is no frame killing chainsuck, major dings or serious internal/external corrosion.

Will travel (within reason !!) for collection but may require postage.

Anybody got anything? If so send or post a pic. Money waiting Cash on collection or Paypal

How about another GT?

'94 Karakoram.

I'm undecided as yet whether to let it go (again) but it's a possibility.

I've started to ss it :?

Attachments

• GT Karakoram 1994 06-11-2009.JPG
    GT Karakoram 1994 06-11-2009.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,055
Gadro":idje1ntq said:
Thanks for the replies but not quite what I'm looking for.

Rob nice GT :cool:

It'll look better if it gets finished :roll:
I've got a disc brake ready for the front. Just needs a cog, tensioner, chain and pads for the back brake. I already have cables. Got to take the front mech off also. I don't have bolts for a single ring, so I'm going to put my DMR bash ring on the outer. It's black so won't look out of place :D

Slight problem with that bike Rob - no bloody gears, some nice hills around here that will give you some dead legs. Single Speed just don't work where I am, OK on the way out but there's no way I'd be able to ride the bugger back

Only kidding ;)

Will be nice for a cruise down the Taff Trail to the Bay or even along the front at Swansea over to Mumbles.

What forks are they, not Bologna's :?:

Frames people?

Watching 12 suitable (ish) ones on eBay at the moment but would really really prefer to buy something from here (even if it aint as much of a Bargain ;) )

Gadro":3604ohfj said:
What forks are they, not Bologna's :?:

Not Bolognas :( P2 type copies. The Bolognas I had looked as though they were cracked so I wouldn't use them and freebied them out stating that.

SS won't be a lot of use to me either really apart from a bit of the Taff trail or road.
It's just that it's really light compared to my full suss beasty :LOL:
I've a spoke missing on the back wheel (over eager getting the cassette off and slipped) and still need a qr conversion kit for the Hope Bulb hub for the rim to be built onto (XT at the moment).

Back