HS33's on U-Brake bosses

I've just tried looking for kits. But no joy. If you can get the bodies filed out to fit then thats what i'd do. Or change the boss to canti if poss.

The boss is brazed onto the frame.

I would take the frame to a builder to get the U-brake bosses taken off and replaced with canti ones but its a Kona 'splatter' paint job which would be hard to re-do after the torch work.

Think I'm going to have to take the HS33 bits to work and mill them out.

Realy strange it won't fit :? , I have had 2 GT's with magura's on and they fitted just fine.

stumped as to why the aint goin on easy enough I thought it should have been a doddle :oops:

Canti boss diameter is just under 8mm, U-Brake boss dia is just under 9mm. The HS33 mountings are slotted to just over 8mm for canti bosses so they won't fit over the U-Brake bosses.

Must admit that I thought that they were the same diameter aswell, just different placement :?

No worries, it gives me something to do and means that the finished bike is a little more special to me 'cos I've had to do more than just 'bolt bits on'.

Russell":2c894l3j said:
Canti boss diameter is just under 8mm, U-Brake boss dia is just under 9mm. The HS33 mountings are slotted to just over 8mm for canti bosses so they won't fit over the U-Brake bosses.

I knew the ubrake bosses were slightly larger but I thought they would have still fitted, unless the older mountings were slightly larger BITD to fit the ubrake boss :idea:

Back