How to fit v brake mounts on suspension fork

Re: Re:

Frank Stross":3kl93y8k said:
No I am not sure, not now! How can I tell what they are, take a look inside?
Let all the air out, if they still are fully extended and bounce, coils. Collapse equals air only.

Re:

Let all the air out and they don't collapse and remain bouncy though somewhat softer. So I gather they are coil and the correct psi is 0 -15?

Re:

I assume only one fork leg has a valve on it, it's pretty hard to miss. I'm just at a loss about the coil spring. I've had MX comps, EXR comps and EXR pros from that year which are all pretty similar forks, and they've all been air sprung. Surely an MX comp that isn't, isn't really an MX comp?

The left leg has the ETA function. Right leg only has an air valve on top. And I believe there is an internal damping adjustment inside the right leg. I am planning to change the oil in the next couple of days so I will report my findings.

Re:

That might be why mine were different, I didn't have an ETA model, but had two air chambers instead.
I have looked out my two spare sets of v-brake bosses and attached the image below. On the far right is a conventional v-brake boss for frames and some forks. In the middle, is a Marzocchi one with the same thread as the first (m8x1.25 as others have mentioned, I think?). The one on the left has what appears to be a 6mm thread, but much finer pitch than a standard M6. I suspect it's a pair of the middle ones you need as you previously mentioned trying a regular boss and it seemed almost right.

Attachments

• IMG_28022019_181126_(1100_x_1177_pixel).jpg
    IMG_28022019_181126_(1100_x_1177_pixel).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 468
Re:

I can't seem to find any of the M8 type ones on eBay which makes it hard for me to establish a fair price, but how does £6 posted sound? That is, assuming you're still in need of these.

Re:

Hello, yes I am still interested in the parts, the middle set look like they will work, the thread is 8mm. £6 is very fair. How would you like me to pay? We will need to exchange addresses. I plan to put the forks on a 1995 Kona Cinder cone that I have owned from New.

Back