How to fit v brake mounts on suspension fork

Frank Stross

Dirt Disciple
Hello, I am hoping to fit some marzocchi suspension forks and use my existing v brakes with them. The forks have a threadded boss where the brakes should fit and I have found the mounts to insert into these (8mm). So far so good. My problem is there is nowhere for the brake tension spring to fit into ( the part with the small hole). I could trap a washer between the fork and the brake boss and drill a hole to take the spring. Is there a correct part available for this? And what is it called? Hope this makes sense, any help appreciated.

Re:

Marzocchi forks I've had have needed these.

Attachments

• IMG_24022019_191604_(900_x_844_pixel).jpg
    IMG_24022019_191604_(900_x_844_pixel).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 698
Re:

So these images show what is needed to allow me to use v brakes on marzocchi forks. There is a bit more to it than I was expecting. I have been looking online with little success. Any idea where I can obtain a set of these? Would a bike shop have these in stock?

Re:

To complicate things further, I have a couple of different sets that have different threads, so you'd need to know the exact ones for your fork. eBay may be your best bet, but if either of the sets I have would work for you, I'd be willing to sell them.
Can you post some pictures of your fork to see if that clears things up at all?

Re:

Hello, I have tried twice to submit a file but have told the file is too large and I am now defeated by the technology. The forks are Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp 03, 105mm travel. Black fork with grey/red decals. There was a plastic plug where the brake bosses fit. These I have removed and there is a threaded hole behind there which I believe to be 8mm. I will try another go at getting a picture. I would be interested in purchasing the parts if you think they will fit.

Attachments

• 25 02 2019 010 - Copy.JPG
    25 02 2019 010 - Copy.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 641
Re:

Yeah, that looks how I expected it to. One or other of my sets should fit that. I'll dig them out and think on price/postage in the next couple of days.

Re:

OK, thank you. The forks are coil spring. Is it correct they only need 15psi positive air pressure? Regardless of riders weight?

Re:

Are you sure that's correct regarding the coil spring? The MX comp from that year that I used to have were air sprung?

Latest posts

Back