How Much Have Carbon Bikes Changed? | Retro Vs Modern

There's an Aussie carbon repair man who chops up old carbon frames to see how well they've been made. The mess inside some of them- even high end bikes- is shocking.

CTK":1iaqccu3 said:
There's an Aussie carbon repair man who chops up old carbon frames to see how well they've been made. The mess inside some of them- even high end bikes- is shocking.
Is that the lad who made his own? I've never really had much interest in owning a carbon bike.

fossala":3f2etjsn said:
That's an ad. If they're getting paid for the video by Look you have to question what is said.

Just about every vid from GCN is either an ad' or an attempt to influence what you buy!

Markone":2qgqmkhc said:
fossala":2qgqmkhc said:
That's an ad. If they're getting paid for the video by Look you have to question what is said.

Just about every vid from GCN is either an ad' or an attempt to influence what you buy!
A few years ago GCN was good. Now they're just a shill for the cycling industry.

Yes mattr Luesher is the guy. I havent looked at his channel for a while so will enjoy catching up. Seems like a modern Look as above was so messy inside that people are saying its a fake. (NB it might be a fake) I dont want a carbon bike either!

The messy/not messy is nothing to do with fake, it's a side effect of whichever manufacturing process they decided to use. (and how many hours they spent on the frame)

Re:

Not to bang the Look drum, but I can see a long way down the seattube of my 595 and its gorgeous in there - not sure what I`m really looking for but its a nice looking smoth matt weave finish, nothing lumpy, bumpy or crappy in there. Plus, looking at the one of the above videos I do think that Time and Look really do engineer their bikes rather well.

Afraid I love the GCN guys - yep, its paid promo, but you can`t expect a youtube channel to be like that for nothing.

Latest posts

Back