How many here have an Ebike? here's mine

Mangizmo

Raleigh Fan
Just wondering how many have an Ebike, I bought this in 2016 and it's been great, on second battery but original is still pretty good IMG20230325153859.jpg

Well, today's rant went in an unexpected direction 🤣

At the beginning of the month, I had three - now it looks as though I have one. Today, my Fiido D1 has finally given up the ghost (battery charges, lights come on, no power to the motor). The weekend before, my converted 2015 Whyte 901 seat tube snapped so I've stripped the bottom bracket motor off that. I am vaguely planning to fit it to this:

But I had such a blast with it on Thurs night when out with my mates that I'm reluctant to burden it with a motor. I'm going to need to do something though as I need a heavy duty bike that can tow a trailer of firewood.

That leaves this:

which I picked up for £360 earlier in the year. Amazing value for the price. Nicely designed, fairly good components for the price, fully integrated lights and rack. Only problem is that it's a front wheel motor which means it doesn't have quite enough pulling power for my trailer up hills.

Well, today's rant went in an unexpected direction 🤣

At the beginning of the month, I had three - now it looks as though I have one. Today, my Fiido D1 has finally given up the ghost (battery charges, lights come on, no power to the motor). The weekend before, my converted 2015 Whyte 901 seat tube snapped so I've stripped the bottom bracket motor off that. I am vaguely planning to fit it to this:

But I had such a blast with it on Thurs night when out with my mates that I'm reluctant to burden it with a motor. I'm going to need to do something though as I need a heavy duty bike that can tow a trailer of firewood.

That leaves this:

which I picked up for £360 earlier in the year.
You see, I am not a total retrogroch😃

WTF! 😂

Love it. My Uncle has a Volt and has done thousands of miles on it, like you he’s on his second battery.

WTF! 😂

Love it. My Uncle has a Volt and has done thousands of miles on it, like you he’s on his second battery.
Yea the Volt Pulse has proved to be excellent, still made but now battery integrated into frame and hydo disc brakes BUT when I smashed the display on my VOLT I phoned customer support and they sent me another FREE OF CHARGE!!!!, those panniers never come off, its a really useful tool, if I ever buy another, it will be a VOLT

which I picked up for £360 earlier in the year. Amazing value for the price. Nicely designed, fairly good components for the price, fully integrated lights and rack. Only problem is that it's a front wheel motor which means it doesn't have quite enough pulling power for my trailer up hills.
Have you seen these ELEGLIDE my mate has just bought this T1 plus a spare battery for about £900 and I am impressed https://eleglide.com/collections/el...100km-range-electric-trekking-touring-bike-t1

Mine's a diy mid motor job built on a 2001 Orange P7 with an On One fork. This pics a bit out of date, I've since fitted a 2nd hand Cane Creek Thudbuster I bought here. Just had to upgrade the elastomers to my weight. I also have my recently serviced Pace Airforce II forks to fit so it's more comfortable over potholes etc. It's also going to loose the nice Tubus rack to my 'new' analogue commuter & being replaced with a cheap M Part one. I have a cover on the battery in the wet & cold. The Alpkit bags are nothing to do with the electronics.

20230119_145602-01-jpeg.697422

Mine's a diy mid motor job built on a 2001 Orange P7 with an On One fork. This pics a bit out of date, I've since fitted a 2nd hand Cane Creek Thudbuster I bought here. Just had to upgrade the elastomers to my weight. I also have my recently serviced Pace Airforce II forks to fit so it's more comfortable over potholes etc. It's also going to loose the nice Tubus rack to my 'new' analogue commuter & being replaced with a cheap M Part one. I have a cover on the battery in the wet & cold. The Alpkit bags are nothing to do with the electronics.

20230119_145602-01-jpeg.697422
Is that a BAFANG conversion ?

Back