how do you ...............????

Konaglider":un9czpch said:
May be the case :) I've got 110mm and 113mm BB's so will have to check myself when 'in the shed'. Doing other project at the moment :D . As you say, frame design etc plays a part, as does if you use larger sprockets or smaller more regularly, length of BB chosen gives you a bias toward either end of cassette with a 'happier' chain line.
My Orange is 7 speed, maybe that plays a part in it having 115mm.

More likely the person bought whatever was in the shop at the time and just wanted to ride it ;-)

though 2mm over the full length would not make much difference other than to the front mech ability to stretch that far.

7 at the back would iirc, as it uses a spacer or is pre space, place the chain line further out as it's centre is now further out and the last sprocket has not moved.

i had exactly the same cranks on an RTS i bought a month or so ago, it had an 107mm on it, 73mm shell,

On all the bikes I've ever built, I've always used the rule of thumb: if the crank arm is greater than a thumb's width from the chainstay, you need a shorter spindle.

ameybrook":14f6qgso said:
On all the bikes I've ever built, I've always used the rule of thumb: if the crank arm is greater than a thumb's width from the chainstay, you need a shorter spindle.

what dont help there is there is no axle in the frame yet ;)

rob

Back