How do you display your bike(s)

Re: Re:

Defiant":3pk98pom said:
Mine is not ideal ,.. 4 bikes against the wall.
Goal is 2 bikes max in the living room
The Groovy and the Attitude will go to the museum, The Dean and the Yo can stay

Both a Barcelona and an Eames, you've got good taste besides the bikes! I wouldn't put them together like that though.

Re: Re:

PaintedDesert":33m1j1u5 said:
Both a Barcelona and an Eames, you've got good taste besides the bikes! I wouldn't put them together like that though.

They are carefully placed against each other ;)

Re:

Mines are in pile waiting for me in the garage.
However, my friend's collection (man cave). And the ceiling of his man cave.

Attachments

• IMG_20150428_231256.jpg
    IMG_20150428_231256.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_20150428_231548.jpg
    IMG_20150428_231548.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 476
Re:

I'm genuinely surprised, though I don't know why.

We have better taste than expected and significantly better chair recognition skills.

Which frame would make the best basis for a Bauhaus inspired build?

Asked nobody. Ever.

Well, not Bauhaus per se, but near enough:

024.JPG

Jean Prouve designed bicycle frame, circa 1941, the one above was hanging in the Pompidou.

Rod_Saetan":o56v7koj said:
Well, not Bauhaus per se, but near enough:

024.JPG

Jean Prouve designed bicycle frame, circa 1941, the one above was hanging in the Pompidou.

Brilliant!

Re:

Nice displays! However, I would not feel relaxed sitting on those sofas with a 15 kg object with sharp ends hanging above my head, no matter how well fixed to the wall it is. I'd rather pick any other available wall.

Now I'm lucky to have a nice storage room at the ground floor of my building, with space to also work on the bikes (and I'm also slowly reducing the stock to the bare minimum), but a friend of mine has something similar to this, and he's quite happy. No installation and no holes (landlord does not like it)
http://i.stack.imgur.com/kDvsA.jpg

Back