Hope floating rotors - are they all different ....

That's what I'm thinking, will these be ok on the v4 calliper? I can't see why not, just thought I'd check.

Re:

I think they should be fit for either V2 or V4.

Send Hope an email just to confirm 100%, I asked them which rotors would work with my V2's (I hoped to use my 180/160 XT rotors) and they got back to me the next day! In the end I used the 203mm Hope V2 floating rotors that came with the brakes which I picked up second hand, massive overkill for my riding but I guess you can never have too much braking power :LOL:

Thanks, I've got some 160 and 180, but may drop down to 160/140 as I'm no off road master, it's really just for fun at the moment, if I get more serious, I'll get bigger rotors later. In saying that, it might depend on what I can get my hands on, as I'm trying to do this on a budget but like you say, can you ever have enough stopping power?

I think you are right, much more than I'll need. Could be selling the brakes now anyway as have hot hold of some x2 ones which are better suited to my riding needs and will suit the build better. I've learned a lot though these last few days about disc brakes. Shame I had to do it after spending money but hey. Thanks for all your help.

Back