Honest opinions please...

J i m s t e r":3d403n0x said:
You are going to do the left hand too, yes? :LOL:

:LOL: Yes, the intention was to do something with the left side depending on how much I liked/disliked the right side!

I like it :D Ties in very nicely with the bike.

bar%2Btape.jpg

The headache is going to be getting the other side exactly the same. Could you please explain how you did it or is it just a roll of tri-coloured tape?

And because you can never have too many pics of a Castorama Raleigh:

fignon1989toura_138.jpg

Tel":1c72div0 said:
The headache is going to be getting the other side exactly the same. Could you please explain how you did it or is it just a roll of tri-coloured tape?

Hi Tel,

I looked everywhere for Tricolour tape but couldn't find any so I bought off Ebay a set of red into white and a set of blue into white. The two tapes cross over behind the brake lever hoods. It took a bit of practice to get the transitions correct and the length of the blue and red sections the same but otherwise was relatively straightforward.

Martin

I like the bike but the tape is not to my personal taste but, as with most pics, it may look better in the flesh.

I am old school - black seat, black tape - as my daughter says, "Daddy, you are soooooo boring!" The old adage - beauty is in the eye of the beholder still applies and your the chap riding it - and you haven't said that you like it yet, although i think you do.

Still love the bike

Perhaps more pics with both bars done and outside me be best - good luck with it.

TGR":3on1njlh said:
I am old school - black seat, black tape - as my daughter says, "Daddy, you are soooooo boring!"

Maybe you're so old you're new!

My son says "There is no such thing as too much black", and he must be right as he's young and fit and very in the know.

Is it very wrong to hate your own children? :evil:

Thanks for all your input...I sat looking at it from all angles for some time. I have done the other side too now so will take some piccies tomorrow, but I really like it so reckon it'll be staying.

And I've got enough left over to do it again if should ever the need arise!

Martin

Change tyre and tape. Gumwalls would look so much better, the current one look out of place. The new tape is better, although not much looks crude and tacky.

Sorry you did ask. :)

Like Spokesmann says, I think a set of tan wall tyres would make a big difference (as seen in those great Raleigh pics). If you like the bar tape then keep it - you're the only one who has seen how it looks in the flesh. I'd go for plain black or white myself but each to his own.

Latest posts

Back