Holiday Rescue No 2 - 1993 Kona Lava Dome

Re:

Excellent job your doing its looking in great condition.

It's gave me motivation to resurect Lazerus my 93 Lavadome again which i've had since new,can't remember how many times now it's been rebuilt but its still going. ☺

Looking forward to seeing yours finished

Re: Re:

Spanky22b":1ccef3zz said:
Excellent job your doing its looking in great condition.

It's gave me motivation to resurect Lazerus my 93 Lavadome again which i've had since new,can't remember how many times now it's been rebuilt but its still going. ☺

Looking forward to seeing yours finished

Thanks :) Hope we see your re build thread. They are a great bike.

It's getting there, LX chainset and canti's now on. I need to restore the Dia-Compe brake levers as the black painted blades are looking very scruffy, going to remove the paint and polish up. Deore shifter brackets are rusty so going to strip these and re paint them.

More pics later hopefully

More work done today, a nice smooth Shimano UN55 BB replaced the original one as the Shimano LX cranks use a shorter axel than the original Sugino ones, LX brake canti's also mounted.

The controls were looking pretty bad so I stripped them down and cleaned everything, lever blades and shifter mounts had a bath in Nitromers to strip the paint. The rust on the mounts received some rust treatment and they are now drying in the sun after coat of black paint number 3.

Levers look a lot better :)

Next up looking for love we have the rear mech, when I bought the bike this and the slightly earlier LX chainset were thrown in due to issues with the original parts.

Rear mech looking a lot better, just waiting for the black paint on the backplate to dry. Jockey wheels have some wear but should be fine with the new Shimano Chain that's going on.

Today's progress before work, just waiting on an LX front mech and Shimano 2 pin crank caps to arrive, cabling and chain soon :)

Back