Holdsworth?

Good combo :). Is that a nice flam red you were thinking of to make it more period?

Someone on here posted a flam red Claude Butler which looked a million dollars ...

Shaun

Re:

Gave it a once over yesterday left hand crank arm seems to be held on with resin so its probably knackered, replaced seatpost with a campag one I had spare to check fit and sprayed all the bolts with oil prior to disassembly. The worst oxidation is on the crank so it may need replacing, rest of bike seems fine and solid. Previous owner enameled frame after stripping it of its original team paintwork.

Re:

More pics. Cranks require a special puller :facepalm: I thought this was a bit small for me but after cocking a leg over it it feels fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 620
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 620
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 620
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 620
It'll get a respray and whatever can be used will be used, not too fussed about keeping it period perfect so the parts bin will get raided, hopefully I'll only have to buy cables, tyres, bar tape and a bottom bracket.

Re:

As is becoming the norm for me with the sun shining I put the bike together in fixed mode and went for a ride round the block. Frame feels solid but I could probably do with a longer stem, but as the GB combo give the bike its character I'll probably just put up with it. Headset and bottom bracket feel fine so will stay along with the cranks and pedals. Love the bar end shifters so they'll be staying as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 559
Back