Holdsworth Identification Please

Retro John

Retro Newbie
After many years in my garage I have recovered my old Holdsworth bike. The serial no is 31620 which according to my research dates it to 1966 but although my memory isn't what it used to be I was sure I purchased it secondhand before that date.
In the late 70s or early 80s I took the bike to Colin Lewis who I believe rode for Holdsworth and he in turn sent it to Holdsworth to be refurbished. New Shimano 600 gearing was fitted as well as Weinmann carrera brakes, unfortunately the original Campagnola gearing has long gone. The wheel hubs I believe are original with stainless steel spokes fitted. It also has Agrati chromed drop outs.
I have done some research but have been unable to identify the bike from the original spec so any help in this would be much appreciated. I am undicided whether or not to sell it or have it refurbished and give to my son. I am aware it needs some work to bring it up to standard but if anyone has any idea of its approximate value it would be helpful in making a decision. tempImageddzkNH.jpg
tempImage0vNtjO.jpg tempImagemU7hdX.jpg tempImageEhmaX2.jpg

After many years in my garage I have recovered my old Holdsworth bike. The serial no is 31620 which according to my research dates it to 1966 but although my memory isn't what it used to be I was sure I purchased it secondhand before that date.
In the late 70s or early 80s I took the bike to Colin Lewis who I believe rode for Holdsworth and he in turn sent it to Holdsworth to be refurbished. New Shimano 600 gearing was fitted as well as Weinmann carrera brakes, unfortunately the original Campagnola gearing has long gone. The wheel hubs I believe are original with stainless steel spokes fitted. It also has Agrati chromed drop outs.
I have done some research but have been unable to identify the bike from the original spec so any help in this would be much appreciated. I am undicided whether or not to sell it or have it refurbished and give to my son. I am aware it needs some work to bring it up to standard but if anyone has any idea of its approximate value it would be helpful in making a decision.View attachment 536573
View attachment 536574View attachment 536575View attachment 536576
Worth mentioning on this thread

Back