Hite Rite

Guy With a Ritchey

Dirt Disciple
Can't wait for my hite rite to arrive from ebay. Does anyone else find it interesting that alot of modern manus are releasing height dropping seat posts that to me look complicated and heavy. It seems like they are ovethinking this. The solution has been there all along. Just a simple spring really. Do you think modern manus could learn anything more from the past?

I think most 'modern' riders would just take the p*ss! Probably why they didn't catch on at the time either ;)

Having said that they're a good idea, though I've never read how well they work in practice??

If you want to ride a rigid bike in this Vancouver Island terrain it's pretty much a necessity otherwise you are stopping to adjust height to often.

had one on my race fisher saved me loads of time as long as you dont mind the saddle being shot up your arse :)

My Hite rite with bar mounted remote control - those new quick release gravity droppers are nothing new, this is 20+ years old!

cf7a8bc2.jpg

pete_mcc":1j10pnc5 said:
My Hite rite with bar mounted remote control - those new quick release gravity droppers are nothing new, this is 20+ years old!

cf7a8bc2.jpg

Pete without blowing smoke mate, that bike has taken my breath away, can i see more..? Please.

Here's a few from a couple years back (you can tell cos the house was unpainted, although the bike was...):

1fbf4be2.jpg

Note the Suntour command shifters and the bar-con. Bar-con for the Hite-rite.
d66ad3f0.jpg

f3904841.jpg

Smmooooth brazing:
e7c9fa6c.jpg

I did get bored and change the bar tape....
2c75c7d1.jpg

It's my 'bitsa' bike with as many odd bits as I could find; IRD, Mavic group Hite-rite and remote, hi-rise stem and WTB drops, I even found a Moots portage pad for it. It's going to have a rethink in the next few months as I've picked up some Roberts forks and a nice fillet stem which will be going on.

Tasteful, classy and well executed, the component choices are exceptional, im undecided what i like the most, mavic..?, the brakes..? the bars..?

to be fair, i think from all the bikes i have seen of yours so far pete, this is by far my favorite, a lot of love has been spent on that machine, thank you for sharing.

(p.s i have tried to be good and not use any emoticons, although it deserves 10 smiley faces, 10 cool faces and at least 10 green faces, but i am trying to behave.)

sinnerman":20fp29gc said:
(p.s i have tried to be good and not use any emoticons, although it deserves 10 smiley faces, 10 cool faces and at least 10 green faces, but i am trying to behave.)

For me your emoticons are automatically implied in the passionate language you use. A yellow smiley face can offer nothing that your tone, exuberance and words haven't already!

Cheers for the kind words, the Roberts always has a special place for me - maybe its because Chas is also a grumpy sod that makes me have a keener affinity and empathy with him?

Back