Hinault 753 Road Bike

ededwards":3j8c7nen said:
rusty bodie":3j8c7nen said:
ededwards":3j8c7nen said:
Roadbike of the Month is a poll run every month where forum members get to vote and a winner emerges. The current one is here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110375 (with a rather lovely Zullo ;) ) and your bike would be a most worthy entrant for a future poll.

lol ok how do i get an entry for the old bike?

rusty

Just look out for the call for entries and post up your bike. The 'rules' are here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8326 .

thanks - i'll keep an eye out :)

Hinault

Thats a frankenstein eBay special that thing! Hinault would want to punch you on le nez if he saw it. Probably.

I seriously doubt if that bike turns a wheel this side of next June either - I bet you take it in the back of an old Ford Cortina to the top of the world and take it out to pose now and again in shiny lycra.

Come on now!

:mrgreen:

Re: Hinault

lelobysfoot":325fqfqn said:
Thats a frankenstein eBay special that thing! Hinault would want to punch you on le nez if he saw it. Probably.

I seriously doubt if that bike turns a wheel this side of next June either - I bet you take it in the back of an old Ford Cortina to the top of the world and take it out to pose now and again in shiny lycra.

Come on now!

:mrgreen:

is that you you big shite, del boy?!!! lol

Hinault

Might be!

Here, you'd be better giving that thing to me to look after over here in sunny Larbert - all that sea-air in "North Ayrshire" will rot those old steel gas pipes!

:D

Re: Hinault

lelobysfoot":3me87lpn said:
Might be!

Here, you'd be better giving that thing to me to look after over here in sunny Larbert - all that sea-air in "North Ayrshire" will rot those old steel gas pipes!

:D

aye just like the methane from grangemouth will be rotting your brain you big diddy! lol ;@)

rusty bodie":1j4up9y0 said:
Hi all,

A few shots of my old bike:

23 1/2" Reynolds 753R tubing (i liked the 531Pro transfers at the time - 753 transfers on it now)
Cinelli Lugs, Fork Crown and Bottom Bracket Shell, Campagnolo Road Dropouts

Campagnolo Corsa Record Groupset - 8 speed index shifters
- Chainset 53/42 - 172.5mm
- 12/25t 8speed cassette
Super Record 27.2 Seatpin (Can't find a C record for under £120!)
Time Titan Magnesium Pedals
Cinelli 66-42 Bars and Cinelli Record Stem 11cm
Benotto Bar Tape
Rolls Saddle - very old and battered but megacomfy
Ambrosio Metamorphosis 32h rims - bulletproof and essential to carry me!
Vittoria Competition Tubular Tyres - why so few traditional looking tubs left?
Some modern 8 speed chain - whatever happened to Sedis Gold?!
Some modern bottle cages - can't find a TA Steel one anywhere!

Anyone got any photos of their 80s road bike?

Rusty :p

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Beyond Lovely!!

Back