Hi long story with Colnago Titanio and cheating taiwan boy

Hi, the only advice I can give is to take this up with ebay and paypal as you seem to have got a good case with the evidence to prove to them from the attempted resale of an identical frame. The Shipping details will help.

Not sure what anyone on here can do to help, but best of luck.

Hi

I any one form Taiwan here? I think people form this country which are here and are honest, which dont like to be cheat and which dont have a bad name on Taiwan country should react in somway. Maybe someone form UK has friends or costumers from Taiwan. I also need facebook this cheater and maybe www if he has...
Thanks Dawid

So have you contacted paypal/ebay now?

What was their response?

Oh good Lord, I used 'there' and not 'their'... I hate that! Edited to correct it. I'm off work with this man flu thing that seems to have hit the country... must be affecting my brain too.

What Russell says. Them being involved in criminal practices is immensely harmfull for them. I am quite sure you will get a refund within a blink of the eye.

Hi People. Santa Claus exists!!!!!!;)

In this year I was a good boy and Santa came to me;)
This is email from Taiwan. Santa was in Taiwan too and He gave them an internet..;)

This is text from hijk77670206

Witaj, dit-bicycles,

It?s great to get your email. Though obviously there is a big mistake that you need to know.

I paid you on 2010/10/03, and the dead line for Paypal to refund is 2011/01/03.

I didn?t receive your bike during those past three months, and of course I thought I was cheated by you,

and asked for the refund from Paypal.

So the problem came from that the shipping time was too long, and it was not my fault.

Besides, I was charged NT3456 (PLN382) by Paypal because of the refund. It also caused my loss.

I kept believing that the bike would never come, but someday after half a year, the package arrived and someone received it for me. When he gave it to me, I even didn?t know what was inside. After I checked it, I realized it was the bike from you. But at that time, your page on eBay was closed. I tried to contact you, but I couldn?t find the way.

I respect my reputation very much and I wouldn?t cheat on anybody for only PLN2265.

I was supposed to pay you PLN2265, but I also have loss for the refund fee PLN382,

I think I should pay you PLN2265-382= PLN 1883. But I can pay you PLN2000.

As for your wrong accusation on the website, I am not a thief, you have the responsibility to explain it and then cancel the wrong comment. If my reputation was libeled, I would think about taking action under the law.

To make sure my reputation is protected, I can pay you the first PLn1000.

After I see you remove the unfair accusation on the webpage, I can pay you the other PLN1000.

Or, I can ship the bike back to you, and you need afford my loss for refund(PLN382) and the shipping fee(PLN1100). The total is PLN1482.

Please reply me soon and give me your paypal account.

- hijk77670206

So I havent contact Ebay and Paypal even yet... I think global net works well and good people are here...

What i have to do now?

Regards and tanks all of You...;)

I would still get in touch with eBay and sort it with eBay.

If eBay thinks they have something to sort with our Taiwan friend, it is up to them.

Apart from this, the result you have now sounds like good news. At least much better than total loss of all your money. Bummer it doesn't involve a full refund and also interest became an issue meanwhile. This is one of the reasons why it is better to get in touch with eBay. The other is that out Taiwan friend is unlucky with his treatment. Whether or not it is justified, it doesn't help anyone's case.

I don't mean to be rude (but it probably will be) - but how on earth can either of you understand what is going on when the English both of you are using doesn't make a lot of sense.
Talk about lost in translation!
I think the guy in Taiwan is ripping you off - you should have gone straight to paypal/ebay customer support and got them to sort it out...

I do understand them :roll: Perhaps it has to do with that my English also doesn't make much sense. We speak the same no sense making language.

makes sense to me

It makes sense to me, obviously english is not the first language but still makes sense.
What I dont understand is why he is deducting a refund charge, there should be no charge for the refund he recieved. He would have recieved the total cost back would he not?

Jamie

Firstly, how can you send something of that value without insurance AND full tracking. You must be off your head!
Secondly, if you had no proof of delivery how can you have said (AT the time) that the package had been delivered. Thus without proof from you that the goods arrived paypal would take the side of the buyer. Hence why it is in your best interests to make sure you insure any package of value.
if you had any doubts of the integrity of the shipping company (why did it take so long?) or that of the buyer then you should have involved the police in your country. Forget about paypal/ebay as they don't even abide by the law within their own rules in any case.

That the frame turns up & he advertises it for sale when it actually does not belong to him, you still have ownership of the bike until you have the money needs to be adressed.
You need to obtain proof of this 'fee' that he claims paypal took from him. Sounds like bollocks.
All said and done if there is a scam going on then you really do need to speak to your police force as it could be investigated on a wider scale.
NEXT TIME don't be so stupid as to send without insurance FFS!

Back