Sorted HG70/90 early 90s 7-Speed Cassette Lockring

7Speed

Retro Guru
I opened up the NOS HG90 12-18 7-speed cassette I picked up a while back to find the lockring at the bottom of the box was actually old and been overtightened separating the thread from the drive ring. After careful inspection the cassette does seem NOS so hoping someone might have a nice condition lockring knocking about which is era-correct? Lots of items knocking about that will work but nothing "right". In hope, 7Speed.

Not sure on this, but I think the locking to go onto a 12 cog was smaller than for the 13 up cassette

Thanks @pigman - I should have known it wasn’t as simple as I thought…definitely a 12T cassette. I can’t remember many 13T lowest gear cassettes from back then, but I always used to run 12-28 or 12-30ish, so wasn’t like I was looking for them. Still hopeful, 7Speed.

Thanks @pigman - I should have known it wasn’t as simple as I thought…definitely a 12T cassette. I can’t remember many 13T lowest gear cassettes from back then, but I always used to run 12-28 or 12-30ish, so wasn’t like I was looking for them. Still hopeful, 7Speed.
Just looked on eBay and most of the HG70/90 cassettes there are 13T smallest cog - just shows what I know.

All my spares seem to be 11t lockrings sadly, pic shows one against a 12t, way too small.

Second pic is shimano cassette I’m swapping over, purely for aesthetic reasons, the lockring is for 12t, the whole cassette is going to be spare if any good to you? Will clean up.

Attachments

• IMG_8923.jpeg
    IMG_8923.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8924.jpeg
    IMG_8924.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 6
Back