Hermes- Parcel left with neighbour.-SUCCESS

Re: Hermes- Parcel left with neighbour.

All I can do at this stage is visit the dental repair company to ask if my parcel is there but tbh I don't see any company willing to sign for a domestic parcel that's got a different name and address to theirs. In fact I don't even see them even agreeing to hold it.

So,till tomorrow and the run around and begin the great brake hunt of 2015

Re:

Well fingers crossed for you mate.
Last time I had to collect a parcel from Royal Mail there was a sign up at the office stating that it is now policy if you're not home for them to leave parcels with s neighbour.. You have to 'opt out' if you don't want them to do this.

Fingers crossed indeed :LOL: What a run-around

Right this is what happened and this is where the parcel is

Ebay seller got the address wrong. Wrote No90 instead of No94

Delivery driver goes to No90(3 doors along) and attempts delivery there
Nobody in so he puts a card through the door and leaves the parcel with a shop next to No90

I go to the shop after liaising with hermes but not expecting to find a parcel but yes ,there was a parcel delivered
Hooray :D
But a guy came in and picked it up The description has been confirmed that it is indeed the chap at No90 who went into the shop and picked up the parcel.
Noooooooo :shock:
Just then a couple of police cyclists happened past(I didn't laugh at their bikes ;) tempted though )
They confirm if the driver knows where he put the card and the shop that held it knows what the person looks like who picked it up(Very likely) then the parcel would still be mine and the people at No90 cant claim it as a mistake even though its got their addy on it
* They were there so thought id ask and not knowing them at No90 it gives me another step should No90 deny, though I think that unlikely

Now im waiting for them to get home from work to go around and ask where it is.
Given the way this has went it is perfectly logical to suggest that when I see them ,late afternoon/eve I am fully expecting them to say 'Oh yes, but we returned it :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

So there is indeed light but the old batteries are causing it to flicker.

All the seller's fault then.

Not Hermes.

(for anyone reading this)

our Hermes drivers are very good around here, happily chat. Happily setup a redelivery place as well, if you are not in or not going to be in, with you if you go and ask.

Hope it is just sat there, with them wondering what to do with them.

I'd consider popping a note through the door at number 90 ...with all the details ... Just incase you miss them later

Its a buzzer to get into a communal close. Ill nip back and see if someone will give me access to post a note.

Good though :cool:

House owner arrived back and did indeed have the parcel and hadn't set it back :LOL: New to the area so didn't know what to do. Probably worked in my favour.
But got it and as happy as a Templar finding the holy grail :D

A real coup for my collection. Brand new and despite the 'not working' description theres nowt wrong.
No3+No5 on pro levers with what looks like 5mm braided hoses.

Attachments

• RIMG0759 (Custom).JPG
    RIMG0759 (Custom).JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 278
Back