Help ! specialized allez headset, FSA mind set

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey all,
Replacing some bearings on circa 2010 specialized Allez, its got the FSA mind set headset, internal cups with bearings built in. all knackered, Ive read not every headset fits,
Anyone here got experience? i don't want to buy 10 headsets to try find something that works.
Any help appreciated

If I remember correctly and it has been a long time since I've dealt with one of those, you could knock them out and fit normal drop in bearings. Unfortunately I have no idea of the size. Assuming it's straight 1⅛" which I imagine it is at that age. They could be 41 or 41.8mm diameter and have either a 45 or 36° chamfer. You might be able to find the specs online, or take it to a shop, they should have a gauge for measuring these things. Sorry I can't be more help.

@kase1983 the mindset headset is a specific headset for the specialized frames it is fitted to, it's a basic headset, that said i know that a sealed bearing headset can be fitted, it'll consist of the 2 bearings, crown race, top race and cover, i was unaware of this until i spoke to primera sport in bournemouth, i popped over there assuming it was a specific specialized headset to find it was normal sealed bearings, i probably have them in stock but i have no idea what the sizes are. i'm sure if you gave them a call on 01202 775588 they could sort you out.

Latest posts

Back