Help please - Steel GT serial numbers

Thanks PhillB for your reply. I have to check and compare, I'm away from home at the moment, I have a Tequesta 1992, and Karakoram 1992 as well, will see if the SN helps. The rear dropouts are not matching a Timberline... weird...
Sorry about the shi#$ images, aren't mine, looks like the previous owner worshiped the devil and painted black and red...
The box arrived home but I couldn't see it. So don't want to wait your time guys till I have it on hands.
No problem, love a good GT mystery bike :LOL:. Can't see the images above unfortunately...

Well... after stripping down the mysterious frame, it was white and black. Serial A016 and not A046, there is a small mark crossing the number 1 that made me think it was a 4. But is definitely a 1. So... I decline for a Gt Avalanche. 1992.
20240128_190426.jpg

Well... after stripping down the mysterious frame, it was white and black. Serial A016 and not A046, there is a small mark crossing the number 1 that made me think it was a 4. But is definitely a 1. So... I decline for a Gt Avalanche. 1992.
View attachment 815810
Sorry for the slow reply, I forgot to get back to this when I returned to the UK. Thank you for sharing the serial number, it definitely seems to be an Avalanche, given the colour you found and the fact A016 is the code I have recorded for all the '92 Avalanches that have been shared with me.

Back