Help! Need to buy a PC today advice needed. Dead desktop

I still have the driver discs for it. And some original hp floppys with printer drivers on them.

The History Man":2lbhb3ef said:
I still have the driver discs for it. And some original hp floppys with printer drivers on them.

Grand. You can donate the floppies to a museum and chuck the driver CDs in the bin... whatever you do, don't put them anywhere near your new PC :)

Just done the initial setup thing. Wtf! Where is the rest of the computer? How do I know it's working if I can't hear or smell it? :LOL:

Thanks for your help guys. Of out for a pub lunch then possibly an afternoon nap before the fight starts. Will see if it finds printer etc

Very odd, no discs. Apparently I have to buy a 32gb memory stick to back up the software myself as insurance against a crash?

b77dfdd538538ad116e096e3d70816c1_zps14b14c44.jpg

Took four dogs and lots of mud to PC world. Funny how quickly I got sorted! Spot the ovation.

Windows 7 didnt support a lot of things straight out of the box. Luckily for us, Irfanview had a little widget that would recognise the scanner where windows wouldnt.

The History Man":3tlvns1y said:
It's what happens when you have no real friends Matt.

could you post detailed pictures of how you plugged it into the mains,these would be most helpful :D

:facepalm: i have just got back and am typing on it now!!!!!! is that enough for you?

Dont know what all the fuss is about. OS bit more like an ipad than XP though. now i have to work out where i put all the stuff i ripped off the old one. :facepalm:

just plugged in my usb hub and its going batshit installing all my devices without being asked or anything.

Back