Help identify this Raleigh Special Products 1999 Frame ?

trackm3":1kmgm5a8 said:
Thanks for being so helpful, I presumed the frame number may help someone who knows about this era of Raleigh frames but clearly that's not the case

There are some super helpful guys on here. They were fantastic with my SBDU but you have to give as much info and as many photos as possible. Stick it all up and I'm sure you'll get the help you're after.

Was funny though :LOL:

Looks like one of the Stilton RT team frames.
They were essentially one of the earlier club teams without a club, just racers.
Supported by Raleigh via their local dealer, in this case, Terry Wright Cycles.

Used to train/race with a couple of guys on the team. Well, used to act as dogsbody, lead out, bottle fetcher, break away catcher for them anyway!

mattr":yzfzh9e6 said:
Looks like one of the Stilton RT team frames.
They were essentially one of the earlier club teams without a club, just racers.
Supported by Raleigh via their local dealer, in this case, Terry Wright Cycles.

Used to train/race with a couple of guys on the team. Well, used to act as dogsbody, lead out, bottle fetcher, break away catcher for them anyway!

Thanks for that Info, this has M Bonker on the BB Shell, ring any bells ?

Re:

I think I posted the link to the original auction on here - congrats on winning the auction, the frame looks like it needs a heck of a lot of work (head tube looks in a bad way) but if you do make a go of it rather than sell it on, keep us posted on home the project shapes up.

My own RSP 853 race frame is numbered SC1160 (no other stampings) and originally had a silver paint job with yellow decals (plus some for Scottoiler, so it too may have been for a sponsored rider originally) and identical braze-ons to yours, but was also in such bad nick that I had it repainted. It must be 1998/1999 vintage; for the final year or so of proper RSP production in Nottingham, I'm pretty sure they went over to ovalised 853 down tubes for such frames (the "stock geometry" version was the R700, in white & yellow, IIRC) and probably carbon forks too.

David

P.S. Did yours have a matching ID number on the fork column written in black marker pen?

Re: Re:

oonaff":14v3oxlq said:
thank god a retrobike reader won it!how deep is the rust?

Its not bad at all, the worst is the front top tube cable end, the seat pin was welded solid, now its out, i will get it re finished in plain White i think.

Re: Re:

trackm3":2dwyfy6u said:
oonaff":2dwyfy6u said:
thank god a retrobike reader won it!how deep is the rust?

Its not bad at all, the worst is the front top tube cable end, the seat pin was welded solid, now its out, i will get it re finished in plain White i think.

Good choice. That's what I went for on mine (forces me to keep it washed regularly I suppose). :)

David

Back