Raleigh Special Products - R800 titanium - complete bike

Tomw2000

Retro Newbie
Here's another 'how much could I sell this for?' question from a newbie.

Raleigh Special Products R800 titanium frame.
Must also be early 2000s. Although I found a 1999 Raleigh RSP catalogue on here and it looks like this one.
I bought the frame in good 2nd hand condition and had the bike build to my specs.
Frame is in good condition - just dusty from storage. Has a few paint scuffs. No cracks to my knowledge.

Full Shimano Ultegra groupset (duraace rear mech) including brakes
Shimano spd pedals
Mavic wheels
Itm carbon forks
Carbon seat post
Deda newton Bars and stem

I think it’s around a 54cm frame and tbh probably slightly small for me. (I'm just over 6'2" with a 35" inside leg).

TomWRSP-sept23.jpg

Difficult to say.
Low end cosmos wheelset will reduce asking price.

But based on your seatpost/stem bar configuration it does seem a bit small, hence, does it matter what the final price you get for it is?
Meaning, if it's not right, it's not right.

When I sell things I just set a price and reduce it until it sells.🤷‍♂️
Usually they are unwanted or items I find to be not that useful.

Last edited:
@synchronicity understood.

Tbh I didn't really use the bike when I first had it built up. Probably <100miles on the road - the rest of the time it sat on a turbo-trainer. And has been unused, in storage since around 2015.

I have little idea of what the 'market price' might be for this, hence my post. I want to move it on - to free up space and someone may as well get some use out of it. I suppose I could start at a price and reduce until it sells....but I don't even know where to start 😊

Back