Help - elastomers for Judy SL 96 and 97

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
Dear all,

I'd be really grateful for your help. I need to get two sets of Judys one is a 1996 and one is 1997 up and running for a ride in 10 days time (https://www.stlukes-hospice.org.uk/tourdemoor/)

I ordered two sets of mountain steed springs from SRP but YODEL have lost the parcel weeks ago and didn't bother telling me and have only just found out after 1 hr with an ebay representative...:mad:

So, I thought maybe I can resort to using elastomers like these:

But I have no idea what size etc to order.

Anybody have any advice? Both forks would be for lightweight riders 65kg or so.

Many thanks for any help!

Kind regards,

Miles

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There is @johndeverill in the UK (Sheffield I think)

There is @rva / Silicone Springs in the EU and a long interesting thread https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/silicone-springs-elastomers-for-manitou-rockshox-proflex.385967/

and SRP you know over in the USA, also on the forum @kokies

All I think now have an ebay outlet? but chat on lead times to make them.

Take your pick. Elastomers are 17/18mm give or take in a Judy.

I do think I can send some springs in time for you to borrow. Maybe someone near you can help out.

Reactions: rva
Hi Miles, sorry for the issues with ebay's delivery service. Hopefully we can work together to get that refunded.

In the mean time I went ahead and shipped out a replacement order by UPS. 1Z6707R86700030014 If we are lucky you will see it tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully this will keep you going.

Hi Miles, sorry for the issues with ebay's delivery service. Hopefully we can work together to get that refunded.

In the mean time I went ahead and shipped out a replacement order by UPS. 1Z6707R86700030014 If we are lucky you will see it tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully this will keep you going.
HI Jeff,

Thanks so much - this is totally not your fault and it is Yodel the courier company (notoriously poor!) here that has lost the parcel. So kind of you to send a replacement and I will sort out the money with you offline.

There is @johndeverill in the UK (Sheffield I think)

There is @rva / Silicone Springs in the EU and a long interesting thread https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/silicone-springs-elastomers-for-manitou-rockshox-proflex.385967/

and SRP you know over in the USA, also on the forum @kokies

All I think now have an ebay outlet? but chat on lead times to make them.

Take your pick. Elastomers are 17/18mm give or take in a Judy.

I do think I can send some springs in time for you to borrow. Maybe someone near you can help out.
Fluffy chicken thank you so much for the offer that is really kind - it sounds like some springs are on their way so fingers crossed - your offer is much appreciated!

glad it's sorted out, as since you guys are outside the EU my packages take longer, about 10-12 days to arrive... :(

Just an update to say the springs arrived in time and work GREAT! Thanks Jeff at SRP - product and customer service AMAZING many thanks.

Thanks also to the other forum members for offering their help - really so much appreciated.

Couple of pics of the bikes that were hastily dusted off and serviced for the 30km charity ride on Dartmoor:

On the left my sister's '92 Hardrock, my father's '94 Palisades Trail and my '96 Cannondale M500 all owned from new. The Attitude was the back up bike (not required!)

70+ year old rider...

Back