Helmet

makster":2q88zjz4 said:
I have never bothered before but think I should buy a helmet. I ride a mix of on/off road and dont want to spend too much.
Any suggestions?

:shock: Don't like to think what kinda mess my head would be in if I wasn't wearing a helmet during a big off over 6 months ago....still have aching neck and shoulder....please buy a helmet!

Giro Hex would be my recommendation.

Carl

My last bad 'un was an over the bars job.
After riding right into one of those 'pinch points' the councils are building everywhere as traffic calming measures.
Landed on head-no helmet that day[after investing in an exodus too]
after 14 months i still am suffering the effects of whiplash,a few hours of gaming and my shoulder is literately on fire,feels like somebody's got my neck/shoulder joint in a pair of mole grips
Although i was told that if i was wearing a helmet i would have broken my neck as the extra 1" or so i sticks out would have caused it to be pushed further over.
I would still insist you buy one,especially if you go offroad ,too many things like trees and rocks to be chancing it.
If the worst happens you and your family WILL live to regret it[if you live that is]
Case point
The number of fatal motorcycle accidents dropped dramatically when wearing a helmet became compulsory by law.

Back