Hello

Pickle":3vefocry said:
Pogo":3vefocry said:
The frame is a De Kerf hardtail from '93 in Emerald Green, sexy :cool:

Sounds very tasty! Hope the restoration goes well for you.

Pics please and keep us posted ;)

Second that. And hi :D

Currently my Sussies are down!
Waiting on the elastomers.

But it's real good to know that you guy's meet up for ride-outs. Will keep an eye out for future meets and hopefully make a few this year. No point in getting the bike up and running and then just sitting in the pub!

As promised...

web.jpg

Nope, not getting this right. Will try later.

Looks like your pic isn't viewable by all/everyone, a permissions thing on your gallery.

Look forward to seeing it.

Unfortunately de Kerfs are susceptible to rusting from the inside, so if it was mine (some hopes), I would be very careful in filing away the surface blisters and bubbles, especially on the chainstays, to be quite sure that it is all just surface issues.

If it is a 1993 frame, that is the first year he started in business on his own account, so it would be interesting to know what the serial number is, could be low.

Pogo":2t6rcbhh said:
As promised...

web.jpg

Nope, not getting this right. Will try later.

You have a space in the file name "De Kerf" change the file name to De_Kerf or DeKerf.

Anthony":kxwmkjc6 said:
Unfortunately de Kerfs are susceptible to rusting from the inside, so if it was mine (some hopes), I would be very careful in filing away the surface blisters and bubbles, especially on the chainstays, to be quite sure that it is all just surface issues.

If it is a 1993 frame, that is the first year he started in business on his own account, so it would be interesting to know what the serial number is, could be low.

DEK 328.

Don't worry, the rust is deffo surface rust where the chain has scoured away the paint. I think you'd be able to tell the difference between surface rust and rust that had eaten through the whole frame ;)

Back