Hello to all and a couple of photo's of my recent work

Re: Re:

allenh":1t8bao2j said:
Thanks Spokesman, yes it is a Worksop frame although I haven't dated it I'm assuming early to mid 60's but could do with a little help on that if you could spare the time? And if so what do I need to date it?
I also have a Birmingham frame that I need to identify, I've taken a few photo's of various bits of that so will post those up in a new thread when I can.

The Snipe I used to commute to work with the other day, it was about a 30 mile round trip along the north Kent coast then inland towards Canterbury and it ran flawlessly considering it was it's first outing since being finished, a little bit of tweaking and tightening to do here and there but nothing to speak of.

cbasic I use very cheap rattle can paint that I get from the local market, there's a wide range of colours and it goes on nicely, I do look out for specific colours on occasion if I get the accuracy bug like I have a 2 tone green Dawes Galaxy to do at some point and I want to get that as accurate as possible. The sun paint is a very close match and if it weren't I would have sought out as close a match as possible and the same is true of a Carlton Continental I've just finished where the standard colour I had was a pretty close match.
I always base coat and then lacquer with the transfers on the base coat and then lacquered over.

The Snipe is around 65/66

Back