Hello, I'm a newb

I live in the Brecon Beacons in mid Wales so lots of good riding around, although I work for the national park so it can be a bit of a busman's holiday in a way. My wife and I met at York Uni and I used to ride the moors and dales a lot back then (early 90s), haven't done much for ages though, family and work and domestic stuff always seemed to be taking priority.

A couple of years back I did a charity ride with my brother, Bristol to London in a day, and I got bad problems with fluid on my knees just after Reading which put me out of it for ages.

Anyway, the youngest of our three boys is only just old enough to start getting out and about with us now so we're all getting back into it as a family. :cool:

Haven't got any pics of my bike but it's basically the same as this one
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vin ... isher.html
minus his upgraded forks, chainset and bar ends.

It's a really nice bike but I need to work harder on breaking some of the cheaper/heavier components ;)

ICB":n40oyybh said:
I live in the Brecon Beacons in mid Wales so lots of good riding around...
Yes, indeed... :cool: I'm just south of the South Downs. As soon as my bike's complete (this weekend), I'm off to discover how unfit I am... ;)

ICB":n40oyybh said:
Haven't got any pics of my bike but it's basically the same as this one
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vin ... isher.html
minus his upgraded forks, chainset and bar ends.

It's a really nice bike but I need to work harder on breaking some of the cheaper/heavier components ;)
This might be closer to what you've got...
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

hay john H, you can't beat the devils dyke / shoreham / chanctonbury ring run.. hehe legs out of plaster now, time for peddling... ;)

crankhead":2t395yic said:
hay john H, you can't beat the devils dyke / shoreham / chanctonbury ring run.. hehe legs out of plaster now, time for peddling... ;)
I've never been over that far, but I've heard it mentioned many times. I'm just wondering how many other RetroBikers there are in W. Sussex. Maybe I should start a new thread to find out??? :?

crankhead":j1iaf7gc said:

Devil's Dyke... the Coda disk brakes didnt work on my Cannondale so I started at the top of DD and went has fast as possible to bed them in at the bottom - possibly the scariest moment of my riding life - they still didnt work.

hehe! my friend went over the bars one time on DD and snapped his collarbone.. he saw the funny side of it, eventually! It's great doing the ride when Shoreham airshow is on, get to see it and not have to pay (skinflint me ;) )

BTW, hows your injury LGF? healed up nicely i take it?

crankhead":48hd10ku said:
hehe! my friend went over the bars one time on DD and snapped his collarbone.. he saw the funny side of it, eventually! It's great doing the ride when Shoreham airshow is on, get to see it and not have to pay (skinflint me ;) )

BTW, hows your injury LGF? healed up nicely i take it?

A little stiff but about 99% back to normal.

Good to hear it dude, i haven't ridden since Jan so i'm well out of shape. Doctor says i won't be able to run again (without falling over) but that's cool because i never liked running anyway! I have to admit i haven't got a rig set up at the mo, i'm absolutely cr@p at mechanics - love ridin 'em, can't fix 'em! My friend J used to set up all my old bikes but he lives in Canada now, d'oh! But i feel inspired now, south downs are calling! Exit library now, get dat bike working! ;)

Back