Hello, can you help me please?

Khane":3ar77krk said:
RST are a budget suspension manufacturer.

as for servicing that all depends what they are/what is in them.
generally speaking old suspension forks aren't that complex to service.

usually a stack of elastomers or a couple of springs inside them.
most need a 21mm socket over the adjusters to get to them.

Just opened the ebay advert for it and it did say he thought they were Rock shox but unsure of which model. I have Zinn Maint book which I find a great book to help me to learn more about the bike but not sure on messing/servicing with front/rear shox as I wouldn't know what to do about seals etc and oils (if any). Even messing about with the set up's is a bit strange as I don't fully know how to adjust them but I do understand the physics behind it.

Khane":xnbdczop said:
warchild":xnbdczop said:
This is gonna get expensive isn't it! :LOL:

short answer ........... yes :LOL:

although you'd probably be supprised at how little i spent on the FSR in total.
you really can spend as little or as much as you want/can find the parts for.

that sticker at the bottom of the right leg does remind me of the one i have on my Judy XLs which is just telling you which way adjusts the rebound.

really not sure what those forks are :oops: i'm sure someone on here will be able to verify what they are.

Oh dear............. :LOL:

Well I have been looking at second hand parts on Ebay to slowly start on the bike. When I got the bike, the stem that originally came with the bike was there, but not attached. Funny stem that's at a 30' angle and longer. Wouldn't mind setting that up but as I have a threadless head set, that worries me.
Well I did check under both forks and they do both have bolts underneath but they both seemed the same.
Oh well, if I can find somewhere and some help to do the front forks, I may do them myself or upgrade if I can find some cheap enough!!!

Cheers for that shout! I did find another similar manual online earlier today but wasn't sure.

I tink I will try to service them at some point but where would I find the MCU & Coils, oil and grease etc if I need to replace them? I have teflon lube for my bike but not sure if I can use this or not!

warchild":3a3eu5bd said:
Cheers for that shout! I did find another similar manual online earlier today but wasn't sure.

I tink I will try to service them at some point but where would I find the MCU & Coils, oil and grease etc if I need to replace them? I have teflon lube for my bike but not sure if I can use this or not!

let's worry about what they are to begin with, before we start on finding spares for them hehe ;)

Back