Heff's Bike Shop - Kinesis A480-X

Good job they look grand..
How do they ride??
Maybe one could have some decals ,the popcorn lives!!🤩😂

They are really nice rides. Quite stretched out, but smooth and rattle free. Mine is relatively minimalist, and has done a shedload of miles. I only really enjoy cycling for a purpose, I'm not a recreational cyclist. I used to commute all year, a 40 mile round trip every day come rain or shine. I'm guessing that my bike has done upward of 40,000 miles. That's mostly on canal towpath, byways and the linking country lanes. I've been through a couple of front chainrings, and I had (it's since been stolen) a second back wheel with a different range of cogs for those days when I wanted to take the backroads rather than off-road. I changed the rear mech to an XT jobby I got in a sale for £9, and I've replaced the bottom bracket once. I think I replaced the rear cassette once or twice along with the chain. Forks have been faultless. My complete bike does feel a lot lighter than the doppelganger though. If you look at the photos mine has a tapered downtube, whereas the doppelganger is parallel, and the tubing appears to be quite thin at the lower (fatter) end, it could be that I have the superlight frame ... maybe 🥳

I like the little bits of red on your one tyres ,saddle,etc, it’s so easy to overdo and pimp it up too much ,looks good..👍🏻👍🏻

Well, the 'red & silver' theme is all down to Heff's. They were given free rein as to the colours, so I'm guessing it was a look they liked! I've just done a mechanical overhaul - no pimping as such :). However finding a silver headset was quite tricky, they all seem to be black these days.

I've always used Panracer tyres, but I think I used to use a Smoke/Fire mix front back, no idea why I bought a second FireXC this time, but it certainly adds to the red bits. It's now a tubeless compatible model although I use it tubed ... all I remember was it was hard to get the bead over the rim. Hope I don't get a puncture!

Saddle and seatpost have been tranferred bike to bike over the years, so they have nought to do with Heff's. Do you have a photo of your Popcorn Blizzard, would be interesting to see the decals etc.

Back