Hartmann mystery bike (klein copy?)

Maybe one for @joglo
just can provide some Ads and pics but no model name.

hartmann ad2.jpg
The model from the lower picture looks at least similar oversized and show color variants include also fancy effect paints.

The page below is from an 1994 brochure, again with an frame very close to the one from the thread starter.
Hartman 1994-7.jpg

The Swiss guy Paul Hartmann has designed the iconic RAM with MCK Monocoque, this was build in Italy.
But also rather common bike designs, most likely not designed by him, but standard models, had been sold under his brand.
So, personally i wouldn't question if it's an Hartmann.

I would guess also the aluminum diamond frames are Italian origin. Especially the oversized aluminum frame looks like Oria tubing (most obvious difference to other oversized aluminum frames are the oversized seat stays, but just check the rear drop outs, typically there is an Oria logo).
The 1993 Bianchi Shivar seem to be very close (other than the position of the cable guides at the top tube). It came also with same nice oversized fork.
1685428315718.jpeg
Bianchi Shiver ebayKA II 1.jpg
Bianchi Shiver ebayKA II 6.jpg

Last edited:
just can provide some Ads and pics but no model name.

View attachment 745163
The model from the lower picture look at least similar oversized and show color variants include also fancy effect paints.

The page below is from an 1994 brochure, again with an frame very close to the one from the thread starter.
View attachment 745167

The Swiss guy Paul Hartmann has designed the iconic RAM with MCK Monocoque, this was build in Italy.
But also rather common bike designs, most likely not designed by him, but standard models, had been sold under his brand.
So, personally i wouldn't question if it's an Hartmann.

I would guess also the aluminum diamond frames are Italian origin. Especially the oversized aluminum frame looks like Oria tubing (most obvious difference to other oversized aluminum frames are the oversized and seat stays, but just check the rear drop outs, typically there is an Oria logo).
The 1993 Bianchi Shivar seem to be very close (other than the position of the cable guides at the top tube). It came also with same nice oversized fork.
View attachment 745164
View attachment 745166
View attachment 745165
wow, thanks!, looks indeed pretty similar to bianchi.

Back