Harry Quinn small tourer 50cm

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Lovely little tourer that I was thinking of splitting down as some of the parts on it are a bit meh.....refinished in lovely 'cadburys' purple by Argos, unknown steel quality, but more than likely 531. It is for 27" wheels, and the ones fitted are quite interesting...they have steel touring rims with Atom hubs with spidel quick release levers.....very nice.
Fitted with a nice Cinelli stem and ITM Europa bars in sort of gunmetal finish.
The chainset is a Shimano 600 item, but the pedals will not be included, as I am keeping them.
The levers are Weinmann, but look nice.....!
The rest is not too clever, Shimano sis rear mech, simplex (I think) shifters, some other non-descript front Shimano mech anda large spread, low value cassette.....and Tourney brakes, which actually look quite nice on this frame....some nice thermoplastic mudguards.....and a crappy padded GT gel saddle thing on top of a no-name seatpin.....

50cm c-top of seatube
54ishcm c-c top tube

tyres are probably shot even though they look new....front holds air rear doesn't....might be a case of a new tube and off you go.....I'll look into that.
Serial number seems to indicate that it is an early 80's frame.
The bike looks as if it was completely refurbished by Argos some years ago and has then just sat somewhere a bit damp, as the paint is very good apart from the odd scrape and small chip , most of which would disappear with a good polish.....the QR's have surface rust which should come off, the chain and cassette look like they have never seen a lubricant.......which will be remedied!!

I was going to split it out, due to the so-so parts, but this is it as it stands tonight.....

15mgwpi.jpg

All works well (apart from rear tyre) and I was thinking of about £300, or offers in that sort of region based on the good bits....

If no interest by the weekend, I'll split it and ebay it.......

I'm near Stansted airport for collection, which I would prefer, but could post for about £20.

harry quinn

Very interested, will have to discuss with my partner tomorrow, am not too for for you (North London so may view).

Did you have a price in mind for the frame only? and would you consider a deal for quick cash on collection?

I thought this was sold, but obviously not..........

Ebay at the weekend for sure unless anyone is interested?

Back