Harry Quinn frame

Midlife":7rvibw9n said:
hasn't this sold yet? Bargain if t has a frame number beginning with a Q made from stamping a letter O and then a stamp with an l.

GTD....Back when this frame was made the trend was to only show a couple of inches of seat post, when did you have your Falcon?

Shaun

Shaun

stop giving this post a bump my resistance is getting weaker by the day :D

I've been out of the loop for the past couple days, down the West country doing an inventory of die cast cars, thousands of the little buggers. Anyway the frame number is Q3090. I have another Quinn frame which was originally owned by Phil Thomas who was the pro road champion back in '83 or it might have been '84. The frame number on that is Q4104 so the time trial frame must be a little earlier. I got the 4104 about 1980 so I reckon the tester is mid '70s.
I was going to re-paint the frame but I don't think you can get the correct vertical HQ decals for the downtube and you certainly can't get the small vertical ones that go on the rear stays.
I'm going to try and find some pics of my 4104 Quinn. Not for sale guys.

Attachments

• DSCN1136.JPG
    DSCN1136.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN1141.JPG
    DSCN1141.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN1143.JPG
    DSCN1143.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 403
Yep. Q3090 is early 70's like this 1973 Criterium/ Kermesse jobby

1.jpeg

Note the vertical dropouts on a road frame (not time trial) which was common around this time :)

Shaun

I had vertical dropouts on a HQ 'road' (ie anything!) frame in the mid-60's. And I was not the first by any means!

Back