Harry Hall SLX 54cm for sale

kenster

Retro Guru
I'm in slight disbelief that I'm doing this :-\. Having lovingly and painstakingly taken this on as a winter project. I have spent many hours carefully treating the small amount of rust the frame had, then re-sprayed it. I then sourced the various components.the majority are new and nos they are as follows,
Harry hall 54.5cm frame (centre to top and top tube), chrome forks and chrome rear stays. There is some wear to the chrome and a few marks but overall very tidy.
New
Vittoria tyres
All cables
Nitto bars and stem
Bar tape
Chorus headset
Kmc chain
Record cassette 13-26
Campagnolo chain guard (rear stays)

Wheels- barely used mavic open pro wheels, Sapim stainless spokes, campag hub front (pretty sure rear is to but not labelled). Very smooth, strong and responsive.

Chorus/record rear mech (still not 100%) was told there were times in campags history where chorus record were the same?). A small mark under the adjuster screws but hard to see when fitted.
Chorus front mech and chainset (175mm arms)
Again chorus/record seat post, nice and light.

Nos
Athena shifters.
Record titanium brakes.
Chorus bottom bracket.

Specialized Romin expert saddle (although happy to keep this).

I really not sure what to ask I know I have spent considerable money on it. It rides great and handles fantastic.the reason I'm simply selling is this, the bike is to good to be standing in my garage and not be used.its criminal to have such a great bit of British frame building.not being used.
I would like it to go to someone that is going to take good care of it and get it out on the roads. I'm asking £650 would ideally like collection for obvious reasons, if I'm miles out let me know and questions please ask.I'll pop photo link in post below (on my phone and not easy)
Cheers Jon
P.s the photos I took outside the brick wall and ones in the kitchen tonight are the completed build.

This is really really great. Brilliant choice of paint in the respray (you've managed to make it look original!) and lovely components.
Seems like a good price for what is effectively an as-new bike with high end parts. Out of my budget unfortunately, but good luck with the sale!

Epr thanks for your kind words. I tried to match the original colours as best I could, the pattern between the colours is original just the paint upto it. Its not perfect but pretty good, I'm pleased with it cheers Jon

Update on questions asked and sizing.
I was sold the bike as 54 square however never measured it. I can update the bike is 54.5 to top of seat tube (centre of bottom bracket) and 55cm to the top lug on the top tube side of the frame.
The top tube is infact 53.5cm not 54cm.
Stand over height is 80cm.
The bike is an 8 speed set up and for reference i'm 5 10 and the bike is set up via bike fit measurements for me in pics.
I have updated some pics of the bottom bracket underneath. the marks you see around the cables is grease applied by local bike shop.
Finally forgot to mention the chrome on the rear brake mounting has a patch of hammerite silver paint on it were the chrome had lifted. I have taken pictures again it's hard to see in the flesh unless you look closely. This was done by the previous owner.
Think that's all for now thanks jon

Re:

That really is a lovely bike and I'd buy it on the spot if
1 I had any money
2 it was my size
3 I wouldn't end up single quicker than I could say "good news I've bought another bike"

hope it goes to a good home :)

Phoog thanks for your thoughts. Funny as a friend in a local bike shop said exactly the same " if he was a single man he'd to my arm off".
It is a stunning bike, if I have no joy on the forums I'll have to sick it on the bay =-O cheers Jon

Reduced

Had lots of interest but no sale reducing this beauty to £615!
Any questions please ask thanks Jon

Back