Harry Hall is closing down.

Much like a frame that's had all its parts changed, this Harry Halls is far from the original. Its not even in the right place. Not that I'm old, but I remember them moving in 2000 (ish). At the time it was a god send what woth living off Dalton Street, but it lost its vibes under the arches.

All this is really just sour grapes. It was a great shop back then. I spent a fair wedge of my student loan in there and I'd still got some of the bits I bought (z5's, cateyebliggts, mavic rims). They had a sintesi bosooka hung on the wall that was all kinds of want and completely amazing at the time for its curvy tubes.

It's a real shame but all good things and all that.

Sorry, was making tea.
Anyways, Graham (son of Harry l) was rurning the shop then. He moved because the area was being gentrified and he couldnt afford the rent. The shop was right in the heart of what is now the northern quarter and I think its some trendy furniture store now. Used to be we'd walk up, mooch round a flex (**** you auto corrext) downstairs in vinyl exchange, a few hours in Harry's then on to matt and Fred's for a cigar and scotch we couldn't afford.

Last edited:
Yes. The place had a reputation of being more than just a bike shop, but was too far for us to visit regularly.
We made do with Ribble in Water Lane, but that was really just a shop with an upstairs where you could chat to your mates while pretending to look at new frames.

Back